Business Terminology for Beginners
Üzleti angol nyelvlecke haladóknak: mp3 hanganyaggal és letölthető PDF-fel.
Témája: Gyakori gazdasági angol kifejezések
Az első olvasás előtt hallgassa meg az angol nyelvlecke mp3 hanganyagát
Angol nyelvlecke mp3 hanganyag
Business Terminology for Beginners
(Adapted from Businessblogshub by Dominic Butler)
The world of business can be a complicated and stressful place at the best of times. Throw some business jargon into the mix and it’s easy to feel overwhelmed.
Whether you’re dipping your toes into business for the first time, running a small company, or you just want to be more clued-up, it’s important to know your cash flow forecast from your SEO…
Debtor and Creditor
No matter what business you go into you’re likely to hear these terms. A debtor, as the term suggests, is someone who is in debt to you. It could be a person, like a customer, or a business, like a client.
When someone procures your products or services they usually have to pay instantly or within 30 days. If they exceed this timeframe, that means they owe you money and are in debt to you.
A creditor is someone that you owe money to. This could be a business or a person, and you haven’t paid them for products or services they gave you.
Cash Flow Forecast
The cash flow forecast is an estimate of the amount of cash that is coming into and out of your business. As the name suggests, a forecast allows you to predict what your monthly and annual profits will be. They can also throw up warning signs about how much money you are spending.
SEO stands for search engine optimization. You are likely to hear this term in relation to your website or blog.
SEO rich content is content that will appear higher up on search engines. Creating content is about driving traffic to your website.
Content which is highly searchable is best. An SEO company can help a business to increase their standing in search results and encourage more visitors to a website.
Keywords are likely to be identified. These are words that your target consumer is likely to search for.
This is a term you’re most likely to hear in the financial sector. Assets refer to anything which is owned by the company that has some kind of monetary value. You may have also heard the term fixed assets. This refers to things like buildings and vehicles.
This is another term which spans every business. Revenue is the total amount of money that your business has made from the sale of your products or your services. Making a profit or a loss all comes down to revenue.
If your expenses exceed your revenue, then you are operating at a loss. If your expenses are lower than your revenue, then you are making a profit. The margin between the two is the amount of profit you have made.
Töltse le a kapcsolódó angol feladatokat nyomtatható pdf formátumban!
Match the words in bold from the exercise with their synonymous meanings.
- In relation to
- Driving traffic
- Attracting business
- Specialist vocabulary
- overpowered emotionally
Fill the gaps with the words in bold from the exercise.
- I had so many tasks to do that I felt _____________.
- Not everybody understands the _________ used for describing software development.
- His reasons for leaving the job were mostly __________.
- My field of expertise _________ chemistry, biology and physics.
- The online articles were great for ___________ to the website.
- I would like to speak to you ___________ your recent work.
- John is very __________ about the history of Hungary.
- There was too big a________ between my outgoings and incomings.
- Can you explain the problem…
- I had to find a second job…
- The margin between success and failure…
- The entire class was overwhelmed…
- I would like to be more clued-up…
- I am writing to you…
- The problem spans more…
- Our main priority…
- by the tragic news.
- in relation to your recent advertisement.
- without using any jargon, please?
- than just the financial issues.
- due to my monetary concerns.
- is very small indeed.
- about foreign affairs and current events.
- is driving traffic to our online shop.
Megoldások és válaszok a kapcsolódó PDF végén!
Reméljük tetszett, tanuljon velünk legközelebb is! Ha bármilyen kérdése vagy javaslata lenne az angol nyelvleckékkel kapcsolatban, örömmel várjuk a email@example.com email címre.
További nyelvleckékért és angol tanulással kapcsolatos hírekért iratkozzon fel hírlevelünkre!